Share | 

WHY DO YOU GO ON GHOST HUNTS?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
THE BLUE TURTLE
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: WHY DO YOU GO ON GHOST HUNTS?   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:08 am

IT SEEMS NOWDAYS WE CAN'T TURN THE TELEVISION CHANNEL WITHOUT RUNNING INTO A SHOW ABOUT GHOSTS OR GHOSTS HUNTING EXPEDITIONS.
PERHAPS IT IS A CASE OF REAL LIFE MIMICING TV, OR PERHAPS IT IS TV CATERING TO THE OVERWHELMING DEMAND; IN ANY CASE IT SEEMS THAT OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS OR SO, THERE HAVE BEEN COUNTLESS REGIONAL AND LOCAL CHAPTERS OF GHOST HUNTING SOCIETIES FORMED. EVERYWHERE WE LOOK THERE IS SOME ASPECT OF THE GHOST HUNTING CRAZE THAT PEOPLE ARE CAPITALIZING ON TV SHOWS, BOOKS, WEBSITES, SERVICES, EQUIPMENT SALES, GHOST HUNTING CLASSES, EVEN GHOST HUNTING DEGREES AND ACCREDIDATION. WHAT IS IT ABOUT GHOST HUNTING THAT HAS SO CAPTURED THE SPIRIT (NO PUN INTENDED.. OR WAS THERE?.. I'LL NEVER TELL) OF THOSE WHO SPEND THEIR FREETIME CHASING AFTER FLEETING SHADOWS AND INVISIBLE ENTITIES THAT ARE SAID TO HAUNT THE DARKENED CORNERS OF FORGOTTEN, AND NOT SO FORGOTTEN AMERICA ?

IS IT FOR THE THRILL OF THE CHASE, THE RUSH OF ADRENALIN YOU GET WHEN YOU ENCOUNTR THE UNKNOWN? IS IT TO GATHER DATA/EVIDENCE IN HOPES TO STREGTHEN YOUR OWN BELIEFS, OR TO FINALLY CAPTURE UNDISPUTING EVIDENCE THAT PROVES THE EXISTANCE OF THAT WHICH SCIENCE HAS SAID DOESNT EXIST.. A BIG I TOLD YOU SO ?
AND WHILE I CANNOT ASK EVERYONE WHO DOES THIS, I CAN ASK THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE, SO LETS HAVE IT

1. WHY DO YOU GO ON GHOST HUNTING EXCERSIONS?
2. WHAT IS IT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH?

WHY DO YOU GO ON GHOST HUNTS?
Page 1 of 1