Share | 

DIVINATION AND THE BIBLE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
THE BLUE TURTLE
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: DIVINATION AND THE BIBLE   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:38 am

I HAPPENED UPON SOME READING NOT TO LONG AGO THAT I FOUND TO BE RATHER INTERESTING. IN IT, THE AUTHOR WENT ON TO SHOW THAT GOD, THROUGH HIS RELIGOUS TEXTS , FORBID THE USE OF ANY DIVINATION; DIVINATION IS SEEN AS ANY NONSANCTIONED ATTEMPT TO GAIN SECRET KNOWLEDGE(GOD'S KNOWLEDGE). NOT BECAUSE GOD WANTED TO TEST MANKIND WITH SEEMINGLY TRIVIAL RULES THAT SEEM TO TEST OBEDIANCE MORE SO THAN HAVE AN ACTUAL PURPOSE, BUT BECAUSE DIVINATION ACTAULLY WORKS. BY USING DIVINATION THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THE SPIRIT WORLD WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, IT WAS PURPORTEED THAT THOSE BEING CONTACTED, SATAN AND HIS MINIONS, HAVE VERY QUESTIONABLE MOTIVES; LIKE HEADING A CAMPAIGN OF MISINFORMATION IN THE ATTEMPTS TO LEAD MANKIND ASTRAY FROM THE TEACHINGS OF GOD.

MAYBE THIS ISNT NEWS TO YOU, BUT TO ME I FOUND IT NOVEL AND INTERSTING. I WAS RAISED IN A CHRISTIAN HOUSEHOLD, BUT NEVER BEFORE HAD THIS VIEWPOINT EVER BEEN PRESENTED TO ME. I JUST ASSUMED IT WAS A RULE SET IN PLACE THAT WE WERE NOT TO QUESTION. (LIKE MOST OTHER ONES .. AT LEAST HOW I SAW IT IN MY MIND AT THE TIME). IT NEVER OCCURED TO ME THAT DIVINATION IS ACTAULLY BELIEVED TO WORK BY THOSE IN SOME RELIGIOUS FACTIONS.

THOUGH, IF THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL FORMS OF DIVINATION IS FORBIDDEN ( I DONT REALLY KNOW IVE NEVER READ IT), IT MAKES ME QUESTION WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED WITH HIDDEN BIBLE CODES. OBVISOULY, THESE PEOPLE BELIEVE THE BIBLE TO BE THE WORD OF GOD, WHY ELSE WOULD THEY TURN TO IT TO FIND ANSWERS TO THEIR QUESTIONS. BUT IF THE BIBLE SPECIFICALLY COMMANDS MANKIND NOT TO USE DIVINATION, WHY WOULD THEY USE A FORM OF IT, BIBLIOMANCY, TO TRY AND DETERMINE FUTURE EVENTS, GET CLUES ABOUT THE RETURN OF CHRIST AND THE END OF DAYS. FURTHERMORE, IF ALL DIVINATION RESULTS ARE SAID TO BE FROM SATAN (AFTERALL THIS IS EXCUSE THEY GIVE AS TO WHY WE SHOULD REFRAIN FROM ALL OTHER FORMS OF DIVINATION), HOW COULD ONE EVER TRUST WHAT THE "BIBLE CODES HAVE TO SAY?

NOW I CAN ALREADY SEE SOME OF THE ARGUMENTS, THEY HAVE NOT ESCAPED ME. BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DICUSS.

DIVINATION AND THE BIBLE
Page 1 of 1