Share | 

DOOMSDAY SCENARIOS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
THE BLUE TURTLE
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: DOOMSDAY SCENARIOS   Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 pm

SEPERATED BY THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF MILES AND CENTURIES OF TIME, DESPITE THEIR SUPERFICIAL DIFFERENCES, NEARLY ALL CIVILIZATIONS SHARE COMMON CHARACTERISTICS. ABOVE ALL OTHERS, NONE STRIKE OUR IMAGINATIONS AS MUCH AS THE HELD BELIEFS OF HOW AND WHEN THE END TIMES WILL OCCUR.

PERHAPS THIS INTEREST PERSISTS BECAUSE OF THE SEEMINGLY CORRESPONDING SCENARIOS AND EERIE SIMILARITIES THAT EXIST IN THE HEART OF COUNTLESS DOOMSDAY ACCOUNTS THAT SPAN THE DIFFERENT CULTURES OF THE WORLD. OR MAYBE IT IS OUR OWN MORBID OBSESSION WITH DEATH AND DESTRUCTION THAT HAS US HOOKED....
NO MATTER THE REASON FOR INTEREST, IT EXISTS AND IT IS PREVELANT IN TODAY'S WORLD. JUST LOOK AROUND, THE MASS MEDIA HAS BEEN INFILTRATED BY IMAGES, BOOKS, MOVIES, AND TELEVISION SHOWS THAT DEPICT ENDLESS HYPOTHETICAL CASES FOR THE IMPENDING CATACLYSMS THAT REPORTEDLY LIE IN WAIT FOR MANKIND.

THIS SECTION IS DEDICATED TO THE PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION OF ALL END OF TIMES SCENARIOS. I HAVE MADE SUB FORUMS FOR THE ONES THAT ARE MOST PREVELANT TODAY, BUT FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANY YOU COME ACROSS.

DOOMSDAY SCENARIOS
Page 1 of 1