Share | 

SYMBOLISM IN DREAMS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
THE BLUE TURTLE
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: SYMBOLISM IN DREAMS   Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:23 am

I OFTEN WONDER WHY IT IS SO MANY PEOPLE FLOCK TO DREAM INTERPRETATIONS SITES/BOOKS WHEN THEY HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THEIR DREAMS, MORE SPECIFICALLY... THE HIDDEN MEANING IN THEIR DREAMS.

MY CONCERN IS THAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT, SIMPLY PROVIDING A GENERAL EXPLANATION FOR A VERY PERSONAL ISSUE. OFTEN TIMES DREAM INTERPRETATIONS ARE GATHERED WORLDWIDE AND CONDENSED INTO ONE SOURCE, WHICH AT A QUICK GLANCE, MAY SEEM LIKE A FANTASTIC IDEA. FOR IT OFFERS A SIMPLE SOLUTION WITHOUT PUTTING FORTH ALOT OF EFFORT. BUT WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SIGNIFICANCE ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, WHY TURN TO A GENERAL ANSWER.

THE QUESTION OF "WHAT ARE DREAMS" HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE TIME BEGAN. ONE OF THE ACCEPTED IDEAS IS THAT THEY ARE THE SUBCONCIOUS BLEEDING THROUGH. NOW MY SUBCONCIOUS IS DIFFERENT FROM YOURS, FROM YOUR NEIGHBORS, AND FROM SOMEONE HALF WAY ACROSS THE GLOBE. AND WHILE WE ALL EXPERIENCE SIMILAR LIFE EVENTS WE PERCIEVE THEM DIFFERENTLY, ATTACH DIFFERENT MEANING BEHIND OUR LIVES, OBJECTS IN OUT LIVES, AND SYMBOLISMS WE USE IN OUR LIVES.

EXAMPLE:
WHEN I SEE FIRE, I THINK OF SERENITY AND CALM
WHEN SOMEONELSE SEES FIRE, THEY THINK OF CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION.

SO WHEN I SEE FIRE IN A DREAM IT MOST LIKELY WILL MEAN SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IT WOULD MEAN IF IT WERE TO APPEAR IN ANOTHER'S DREAM.

SO AGAIN I ASK... IF WE ATTACH DIFFERENT SYMBOLISMS..WHY RELY ON ANOTHER'S INTERPRETATION?

THE WAY I SEE IT, ONE SHOULD RELY MORE ON SELF REFLECTION AND CURRENT STATES OF CIRCUMSTANCES RATHER THAN A BOOK OF GENERALITIES.

BUT THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS AND RAMBLINGS

SYMBOLISM IN DREAMS
Page 1 of 1