Share | 

THERE IS A GHOST IN MY CRAWLSPACE!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
THE BLUE TURTLE
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: THERE IS A GHOST IN MY CRAWLSPACE!   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:16 pm

BEING THE ADMINISTRATOR HERE I THOUGHT ID BE THE FIRST TO POST HERE, JUST TO SHOW THAT HEY WE AL MKE MISTAKES...... THOUGH IN MY DEFENSE I WAS ABOUT 9 YEARS OLD.. LOL

I GREW UP IN A SMALL CAPE COD STYLE HOUSE COMPLETE WITH TWO DORMERS. IN ONE OF THE UPSTAIRS BEDROOMS, THERE WAS A CRAWLSPACE IN WHICH YOU COULD ENTER THROUGH A TINY DOOR. LOOKS CAN BE DECIEVING AND ONCE IN THE CRAWLSPACE, THERE WAS MORE ROOM THAT WHAT APPEARED TO BE FROM THE OUTSIDE. THE CRAWLSPACE STRETCHED ACROSS THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE AND HAD A LARGE RAMP FEATURE THAT ALLOTED FOR THE HEIGHT/SLOPE OF THE MAINSTARCASE. MY OLDER BROTHERS AND I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS THE COOLEST HIDEOUT EVER UNTIL I REALIZED THAT IT WAS ALREADY OCCUPIED BY A GHOST.

AT THE TIME, THREE OF MY 4 BROTHERS SHARED THE ROOM WITH THE ENTRANCE TO THE CRAWLSPACE.. I SHARED THE ADJACENT ROOM WITH MYNEWBORN BABY BROTHER. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS MY IMAGINATION. PERHAPS FROM NOT SLEEPING SO WELL WITH A NEWBORN IN MY ROOM. I THINK WE ALL USE THE EXPRESSION SLEEPING LIKE A BABY WRONG. THINK ABOUT IT BABIES WAKE UP EVERY FEW HOURS WAILING FOR FOOD. WE USE IT TO IMPLY THAT ONE IS SLEEPING SOUNDLY.... HMMMMMMM

ANYWAYS... I STARTED HEARING RAPPING NOISE THAT APPEARED TO BE COMING FROM MY CLOSET. NOW I ALREADY HAD A FEAR OF MY CLOSET DUE TO A DREAM THAT INCLUDED A STUFFED E.T COMING TO LIFE AND EATING MY FAMILY. NEEDLESS TO SAY HE STAYED BURIED DEEP IN MY CLOSET INSIDE AN OLD CEDAR CHEST. GOOD LUCK LIFTING THT LID.. IT WAS HEAVY. SO WHEN I FIRST HEARD THE NOISE I THOUGHT OH MY... HE REALLY IS ALIVE I ABOUT HAD A CORONARY RIGHT THEN AND THERE. LETS JUST SAY THE NEXT GOODWILL CLEANOUT WE HAD INCULDED MY FRIEND E.T. SOMEONE ELSE COULD SHARE IN MY NIGHTMARE. NOW FREE OF MY TORMENTOR I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP. BUT LOE AND BEHOLD... THERE IT WAS.. THE STRANGE TAPPING NOISE. BEFORE I WAS AFRAID TO MENTION MY FEAR OF THE E.T DOLL TO MY BROTHERS FOR I KNEW I WOULD BE LABELED A CHICKEN FOR BEING SCARED OF A STUFFED ANIMAL. BUT WITH HIM GONE I THOUGHT I COULD SHARE MY PLIGHT WITHOUT HAVING THE FEAR OF BEING MOCKED AND LAUGHED AT LOOMING OVER MY HEAD... AFTERALL AT THE TIME MY MINDSET WAS THAT EVERYONE WAS AFRAID OF GHOSTS SO IT WOULD BE OK TO BRING IT UP.

AT THE TIME IT WAS A SOUND LOGICAL ARGUEMENT. THOUGH IT DIDNT GO AS PLANNED. I ONLY GOT LAUGHED AT AND IT WASNT TO LONG AFTERWARDS THAT I BECAME THE JOKE OF BLOCK. BUT I WAS BOUND AND DETERMINED TO PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT THERE WAS GHOST IN THE HOUSE. I STARTED MAKING NOTE OF ANY AND ALL ODD GOING ONS. THOUGH IT ONLY SEEMED CONFINED TO THAT RAPPING IN THE CLOSET... UNTIL THE DAY I WAITED IN MY BROTHERS ROOM. I WAS WANTING TO ASK FOR THEIR HELP. WHEN I NOTICED THAT THE CRAWLSPACE DOOR WAS AJAR ABOUT AN INCH. I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE THEY WERE HIDING FROM ME IN THERE... SOOO I POKED MY HEAD IN... EMPTY. I SHUT THE DOOR... ONLY TO HAVE IT POP OPEN.... THEN JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO SHUT IT AGAIN... WHAM IT SLAMMED SHUT.

I WAS SO SCARED I NEARLY PEED MY PANTS... BUT I HAD IT.. PROOF THAT WE HAD A GHOST. AFTERALL DOORS JUST DONT OPEN AND CLOSE ON THEIR OWN. I HAD TO FIND MY BROTHERS. I THINK THEY DID IT TO PATRONIZE ME BUT EVENTUALLY WE WERE ALL THERE HUDDLED AROUND THE DOOR JUST WAITING FOR IT TO OPEN AND CLOSE ON ITS OWN.... WE MUST HAVE SAT FOR HOURS... BUT EVENTUALLY IT DID AND THEIR FACE WENT WHITE. I POINTED OUT THE DOOR.. AND THE RAPPING.. WHAT OTHER PROOF DID WE NEED.

IT CAME TO THE POINT WHERE THEY DIDNT WANT TO SLEEP IN THEIR BEDROOM FOR FEAR THE GHOST WOULD POP OUT AND GET THEM. BUT WE ALL AGREED THAT IF WE TOLD OUR PARENTS ABOUT IT THEY WOULDNT BELIEVE US. SO WE KEPT QUIET AND MADE EXCUSES AS TO WHY ALL 5 OF US WERE SLEEPING IN MY TINY ROOM. NOW, MAYBE THEIR CONSCIOUS PICKED AWAY AT THEM, MAYBE THEY THOUGHT THEY OWN ACTIONS BROUGHT ON THE GHOST AND IN BRINGING IT TO LIGHT AND APOLOGIZING WOULD MAKE IT GO AWAY. SO IN THE LATE NIGHT HOURS MY OLDER BROTHERS CONFESSED THAT IT WAS THEM MAKING THE RAPPING NOISES IN MY CLOSET. APPARENTLY THE FAR WALL OF THE CRAWLSPACE BUTTED UP TO MY CLOSET. ALL THEY DID WAS GO IN AND KNOCK A FEW TIMES. IT IS FUNNY HOW THINGS LIKE THAT ESCAPE YOUNG MINDS.

I WAS FURIOUS FOR ABOUT A SECOND, BUT REALIZED THAT WHATEVER IT WAS MAKING THE DOOR OPEN AND CLOSE TRULY HAD EVERYONE SCARED. WE HAD MORE PRESSING MATTERS AT HAD, HOW I COULD I NOT FORGIVE THEM. THE FOLLOWING WEEK WE DECIDED TO MAN UP, IT BECAME A CONTEST TO SEE WHO COULD STAY IN THE HAUNTED ROOM THE LONGEST, WHO WOULD GET THE CLOSEST TO THE DOOR, AND IF ANYONE HAD THE GUTS TO ACTAULLY GO BACK INSIDE. IT TURNS OUT, WE WERE ALL CHICKENS.. NOONE COULD FORCE THEMSELVES TO GO INTO THE HAUNTED CRAWLSPACE. WHILE IT SCARED US, THE THOUGHT OF HAVING A GHOST EMPOWERED US A BIT, TESTED OUR COURAGE AND IMAGINATIONS IT ALSO MADE US POPULAR.. NOT EVERONE HAS A GHOST IN THEIR HOUSE.. BUT WE DID. WE EVEN CAME UP WITH A STORY OF HOW SOMEONE GOT TRAPPED IN THERE AND EVENTUALLY DIED. OVER TIME THE NOVELTY OF THE GHOST STARTED TO WEAR OFF ENOUGH TO LET MY BROTHERS RETURN TO THEIR
SCHEMING WAYS. APPARENTLY THEY THOUGHT IT WOULDBE FUNNY TO PUSH ME IN THE CRAWLSPACE AND LOCK ME IN. IT WAS TORTURE TO BE IN THERE I FELT AS IF I WERE GOING TO DIE. WHEN THEY DID LET ME OUT I WAS SCREAMING AND CRYING SO MUCH SO MY FATHER CAME UP. I TOLD HIM ALL ABOUT THE GHOST IN THE CRAWLSPACE AND HOW THEY HAD LOCKED ME IN WITH IT.

I WAS HALF EXPECTING MY FATHER TO LAUGH TO. BUT HE SEEMED GENUINLY INTRIGUED AND ASKED HOW WE KNEW THERE WAS A GHOST. SO WE TOLD HIM THE ENTIRE STORY. AND WE WATCHED THE DOOR TOGETHER. FOR HOURS NOTHING. BUT THEN IT HAPPENED HE SAW IT TOO, THOUGH HE SMILED AND GOT UP WALKED TO THE TOP OF THE HALLWAY AND GREETED MY MOTHER WHO HAD JUST COME IN. AND THIS IS WHERE WE GOT OUR FIRST LESSON IN AIR PRESSURE. HE EXPLAINED, THAT THE CRAWLSPACE DOOR OPENING AND CLOSING ON ITS OWN WAS DUE TO THE PRESSURE IN THE HOUSE CHANGING AS THE FRONT DOOR OPENED AND CLOSED. WE THOUGHT OF COURSE HE WAS TRYING TO CALM US OF OUR FEARS AND MAKING UP A STORY. THOUGH HE INSISTED ON A DEMONSTRATION... SO EACH OF US WITNESSED FIRST HAD THE DOOR OPENING AND CLOSING WHILE ONE OF THE OTHERS OPENED AND CLOSED THE FRONT DOOR.

OF COURSE THIS ONLY GAVE MY BROTHERS MORE FUEL IN WHICH TO TEASE ME WITH.... I WAS SCARED OF THE CRAWLSPACE THAT WASNTED HAUNTED AFTERALL. BUT THATS WHAT BROTHERS ARE FOR ISNT IT.

JUST GOES TO SHOW THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS AS THEY APPEAR

THERE IS A GHOST IN MY CRAWLSPACE!
Page 1 of 1